Technology has become an essential part of every business. Some are technology-enabled businesses, while others are technology-driven. But regardless of its form and use, technology is and always will be a crucial part of every organization. Now that’s where Technology-as-a-Service comes into play. Read on to learn more about it.
What’s Technology as a Service in Layman’s Terms?
Most of the companies operating with technology (technology-enabled) do not need to own their software and hardware technology like servers, cloud storages and data networks etc. They can get this technology on an as-needed basis and run their operations smoothly just like many tech giants including Netflix and Amazon.
This way, businesses do not have to spend hefty sums on purchasing and maintaining technology equipment. Plus, they can upgrade and downgrade the technology according to their needs. For instance, a seasonal business may not need to have all of their data centers up during the off-season, so they can downgrade and save money.
Or, in the busy season like holidays, businesses can obtain more tech hardware and software to support their operations and keep up with the influx of inquiries and orders.
5 Characteristics That Set Technology as a Service Apart:
Now you must be wondering, what is it that makes Technology as a Service different from the traditional lease of technology? Well, here are a few differentiating characteristics.
- Ownership: with TaaS, the ownership is not transferred to the customers, but they still use it like it’s their own. Furthermore, in case of any damage to the technological equipment on site, the TaaS provider will repair or replace it quickly.
- Maintenance: Normally when a piece of technology is leased out, it becomes the lessee’s responsibility to maintain it for optimal operation. With TaaS, this is not the case. The service provider will maintain the hardware and software technology even if you are using it.
- Customizability: Flexibility and customizability are pretty limited with traditional technology services. With TaaS, you can have a complete hardware and software technologies system tailored to your business without having to purchase anything.
- Complete Privacy: Typically, the person/company obtaining a piece of equipment has to share it with others and sacrifice their privacy. For instance, sharing a website hosting server would mean no privacy of your data as the hosting service will be shared between multiple users with a very thin security layer that can easily be hacked. With TaaS, the technology is fully yours; you don’t share it with anyone.
- On-Demand & Consumption-Based: The TaaS based technology can be upgraded and downgraded on demand which is not usually the case when obtaining technology without ownership. Plus, you only pay for the services you use.
TELECO Offers CompleteCare ONE Technology As A Service:
If you are interested in trying out Technology as a Service for your business, feel free to reach out to us. We offer a comprehensive TaaS solution called CompleteCare ONE that can be customized for your specific needs. Call us today to learn more about it.