As technology continues to evolve, so do cyberattacks and hackers. If you’re not protecting your company from cybersecurity threats now, you could be at risk. That is why managed IT services are essential for every business owner. One common deterrent for small businesses is the expense of hiring an IT staff large enough to protect its servers and data from online attacks; but managed IT service providers do this – 24/7 – at a fraction of the cost. With managed IT services, all of your cyber concerns are handled without any worries on your part!
Top 5 Ways Managed IT Services Offer Protection From Cyber Attacks:
- Access Management: A managed IT service provider will monitor who is accessing your data and servers, when they do it, how often they do it, and from what location. If there is any suspicious activity – like the IP address of an intruder or hacker – you’ll be alerted immediately! They can also set access limits to data depending on the employee rank. This way, even if your staff member’s computer gets hacked, the hacker will not get access to all the data.
- 24/7/365 Firewall Protection: Hackers use malware as a way into your system. They typically do this by sending out emails with links to malware that is camouflaged as something else. This is called phishing. With managed services, strict security measures like the deployment of a firewall are used to stop the cyber-attacks and hackers before they can do any damage.
- Ongoing Server Protection and Maintenance: Maintaining your servers and systems regularly and updating/patching security software will prevent security breaches from occurring because these updates will keep you one step ahead of most hackers. This will help eliminate distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) and other types of attacks that can cause the servers to go offline.
- Responsive Customer Service: When there’s an issue, whether its network problems, hardware issues, software glitches, or hacking/malware, the most crucial thing you need is for it to be resolved quickly by people who know exactly what they’re doing and care about getting the job done right! Managed IT service technicians and software engineers use their experience in cybersecurity threats to help resolve your issues and eliminate threats before they can cause any damage.
- Data Security & Backup Solutions: No business owner wants their data stolen and used against them or sold out to competitors! With managed IT service providers, you don’t have to worry about that happening because they will back up your information every day, so if something happens, you’re completely covered.
Employees Working from Home Are More Vulnerable to Cyberattacks
The presence or lack of physical security measures in an office has a great effect on the types and frequency of cyberattacks. Employees working from home are more likely to receive phishing emails because hackers know that they’re using their personal devices, which are not as protected as their office computers.
However, with the help of managed IT services for cybersecurity, your employees’ devices will be protected against the latest malware because it offers remote protection. This means you don’t need an IT department or major infrastructure to secure your data. Your employees’ devices and your data will stay well-protected even if they’re working from home.
TELECO Offers Managed Services at a Fraction of Cost:
TELECO offers managed IT solutions for the best protection against cybersecurity threats. TELECO can help with everything from 24/7/365 monitoring and detection of potential security breaches to firewalls for prevention against malware, regular backups, and more.
We offer excellent customer service and experienced IT experts at your disposal, with no long-term contracts or hidden fees – upgrade or downgrade as per your needs!