A cellular distributed antenna system (DAS), also known as an in-building wireless system, is a way to deal with poor reception inside a structure. TELECO can provide a solution to this issue by installing a network of relatively small antennas to serve as cellular signal repeaters. These antennas are physically connected to a central controller which is integrated with the wireless carrier’s network.
Poor cellular connectivity is a very common problem indoors and is more than likely due to the construction material used in a building. Concrete, metal and low-e glass materials, especially in LEED-certified buildings can bounce back cellular and radio frequency signals resulting in low signal or frequently dropped calls. Additionally, the amount of voice and data required simultaneously by multiple users can slow down or even interrupt cellular performance.
By installing a TELECO cellular DAS, you will maximize your building’s revenue potential by delivering uninterrupted coverage while keeping up with the demands of today’s mobile device users. In addition to enhancing customer satisfaction, TELECO cellular DAS will enhance your building’s operational efficiency.
At TELECO, we know mobile device users will greatly benefit from our cellular DAS, providing a superior experience when accessing the network. TELECO cellular DAS provides seamless connectivity to meet the high demand for voice and data. We offer indoor wireless tailored to your needs. Our DAS experts will work with you to develop a customized solution based on your site’s conditions and building management requirements. We will stay involved throughout permitting, construction and installation of your system.
We offer the following indoor wireless turn-key services.
- Project scope – we create scopes of work and project specifications
- Client representation – we serve as the owner’s representative and interact with other trades
- Pre-installation benchmark testing – we test a building with industry calibrated equipment to gain an understanding of the signal strength, targeting only areas needing enhancement to keep costs to a minimum
- System design – we use tools such as AutoCAD® and iBwave® to submit to carriers
- Equipment procurement – all equipment is prepared and tested by our procurement center
- Equipment installation – we have manufacturer trained, certified installation and commissioning technicians
- Post-installation data collection and processing – we perform system validation to ensure the cellular DAS meets or exceeds the design requirements and customer expectations
Imagine your loved one at work needing medical attention or your child in their dorm room when a life-threatening event occurs. These are real-life scenarios that most people do not even consider when entering a building. When events do occur, there is an expectation of reliable connectivity to call emergency services.
A smartphone is the primary communication device used in critical situations and that is not the time to be searching for Wi-Fi access. Although most Wi-Fi networks are reliable enough for day-to-day business operations, it should not be relied upon for contacting emergency services. Consequently, since most buildings have poor cellular connectivity, there needs to be a permanent solution. A cellular DAS installed by TELECO will provide the necessary coverage and user capacity required in times of need, giving callers peace of mind that they will get help. And building owners can feel good about providing a level of service that can save lives and help avoid possible litigation.
You’ve probably heard of 3G, 4G, 5G and WiFi. In today’s increasingly mobile world, there are a variety of ways to get connected to the internet. What’s really the most reliable and safest way? Truth be told, in-building wireless is the most secure option and the only technology your customers can actually rely on to call 911.
While WI-FI can offer connectivity, it may come with a price.
- WiFi users are at high risk from hackers when using mobile devices.
- WiFi is a secondary way to access network resources and should not be considered as reliable as wired connections.
- WiFi users may drop their calls or data connections when entering or existing a building.
When necessary, TELECO custom designs in-building systems that utilize both DAS and Small Cell technologies. Small Cells are low-powered cellular radio access nodes that operate in both licensed and unlicensed spectrums. They have a range of up to several miles and are used for in-building and outdoor wireless service in areas requiring much higher user capacity. TELECO will review your facility requirements and propose the best solution which may result in a combination of both technologies.
Nearly 80% of communications happen indoors. Increasingly, tenants are demanding seamless cellular reception inside. Reliable indoor connectivity is now considered a necessity, not just an amenity. We offer the perfect sized system for your indoor coverage and capacity needs. Install a reliable cellular indoor wireless solution from TELECO and keep your customers coming back.